Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota
VR / Custom Hardware
It is a humorous body-horror experience where you, a ghost with a dental practice, possess your incoming patients in order to to their dental work. Of course, since you have possessed them, you are actually performing the dental work on yourself. Your patient is still aware, reacting with their eyes, tongue, and expressing pain. Too much and you'll get kicked out of their body!
Ghost Dentist VR is a game created during Train Jam 2017 with the custom hardware peripheral - "VibraJaw." Play as a ghost dentist, who can only operate on patients by possessing them and having them perform dentistry on themselves. More details about the Train Jam can be found here: http://trainjam.com/
- Do your own dental work in immersive VR!
- Full jaw tracking for accurate mouth placement!
- Localized haptic feedback on jaw for drilling teeth!
GDC Train Jam Booth YouTube
Ingame Footage YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Ghost Dentist VR. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Train Jam Game Display at GDC" San Francisco, CA, 28 February, 2017
- "It’s inspiring to see so many game developers making 3D content during game jams today."
- Michael Calvert, Sketchfab
- "Perhaps my personal favorite, though, is Ghost Dentist VR, which combines a VR headset and a custom jaw-based sensor for a game where you, as a ghost, possess people and force them to do dental work on themselves."
- Julie Muncy, Wired
Jerry Belich is an alternative game designer, using hardware, electronics, and software to create immersive interactive and storytelling experiences. He went independent in 2013 after a decade of professional software development, now consulting for other indies and companies in game design, narrative writing, and installation work. His first hardware project, the award winning Choosatron, has traveled all over the world, featured at dozens of events, and sparked imaginations all along the way! He plans on continuing creating his own inventions and games, and hopes to help many others to do the same through his talks, workshops, and being open about his own work.
More information on Jerrytron, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ghost Dentist VR Credits
Game Design / Custom Hardware
Programming / Design / Temp Art
Programming / Design / VR Tech
Sound / Music
Modeling / Art