Prototyping for Play: Build your own arcade controller!
This project appeared in the Prototyping for Play video course published through O'Reilly Media, as part of segment 5 titled:
Alternative Controllers: The Hardware
- Duct Tape
- Cardboard Box
- 22 AWG Strand Wire
- Joystick - PCB Controller
- Medium Arcade Button x 2
- Small Button x 2
- 9V Battery Connector
- 9V Battery
- .110" Terminal Connectors
- Male Crimp Pins
- Crimp Connector Housing
- Download and install the software Processing 3.
- Open Processing, open the Tools menu, and select Install "processing-java". Follow the instructions.
- Close processing.
- Download the EZ-Key Dial Remap processing project zip file, and uncompress it. You must leave the resulting folder named as it is.
- Follow the EZ-Key powering instructions at this link.
- Follow the EZ-Key pairing instructions at this link and connect to your computer. (Click here for additional help with pairing if you are using Windows)
- Open the EZKey_luftrausers_remap folder you uncompressed, and double-click to open the EZKey_luftrausers_remap.pde file. Processing should open with the project displayed.
- Make sure your EZ-Key is connected to your computer (powered and paired), and hit the circled triangle, or open the Sketch menu and select Run.
- The new key inputs are now saved to your EZ-Key!
Note: If you are having connection issues with your EZ-Key and using batteries, make sure your power source is fresh!