Luftrausers Alt Ctrl
This project appeared in the Prototyping for Play video course published through O'Reilly Media, as part of segment 6 titled:
Let's Burn the Keyboard!
This project demonstrates building an immersive aerial outfit as an alternative controller for the game Luftrausers created by Vlambeer. Control the game with your body! This project connects with your computer using Bluetooth.
- Duct Tape
- Cardboard Sheet
- Cardboard Tube
- Small Cardboard Box
- 22 AWG Strand Wire
- (Optional) Aviator Cap
- (Optional) Aviator Goggles
- (Optional) Aviator Scarf
- Tilt Switch x 2
- Large Arcade Button
- Heavy Duty Arcade Button x 2
- 9V Battery Connector
- 9V Battery
- .110" Terminal Connectors
- Male Crimp Pins
- Crimp Connector Housing
- Download and install the software Processing 3.
- Open Processing, open the Tools menu, and select Install "processing-java". Follow the instructions.
- Close processing.
- Download the EZ-Key Dial Remap processing project zip file, and uncompress it. You must leave the resulting folder named as it is.
- Follow the EZ-Key powering instructions at this link.
- Follow the EZ-Key pairing instructions at this link and connect to your computer. (Click here for additional help with pairing if you are using Windows)
- Open the EZKey_luftrausers_altctrl_remap folder you uncompressed, and double-click to open the EZKey_luftrausers_altctrl_remap.pde file. Processing should open with the project displayed.
- Make sure your EZ-Key is connected to your computer (powered and paired), and hit the circled triangle, or open the Sketch menu and select Run.
- The new key inputs are now saved to your EZ-Key!
Note: If you are having connection issues with your EZ-Key and using batteries, make sure your power source is fresh!